Thursday, June 3, 2010

Chicken Broccoli Casserole


Believe it or not, I don't have this written down anywhere so it's coming straight out of my head. I think I got it from Laura Worley in Tracy, CA.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

1 1/2 bags frozen broccoli (enough to cover a 9x13 inch pan - if using fresh broccoli, blanch it first)
cooked chicken (again, enough to cover a 9x13 inch pan)
grated cheese (holy cow, enough to cover a freakin' 9x13 inch pan--what do you want from me? :D Just kiddin'!)

Layer these three ingredients in your 9x13 inch pan.











(I must say, that is one beautiful picture of goodness!)








2 cans cream of chicken soup
mayo (a little less than the amount of soup)
juice of half a lemon (I am a fresh lemon juice nazi. Bottled juice is nasty, but I do keep this on hand if I don't have any fresh lemons. It's a pretty good substitute.)

Combine these three ingredients and spread over the other three.








Sprinkle with bread crumbs.

Cook in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes or until heated through and golden. Serve over rice. (That means don't forget to start making the rice right after you put in the casserole!)

And take a picture of the finished product, because I forgot!

3 comments:

  1. Now I have to know--did you already have those pictures, or did you make this for dinner tonight? You are too good. I'll let you know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And hey! Look at that! My comment was published! You are getting daring--no more moderation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't done anything to make the comments work, but I'm glad they are. I took these pictures 2/22/10. I have so many good intentions waiting for me!

    ReplyDelete