Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Potato Bread

1 1/4 cups warm water
2 Tablespoons butter, softened
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup potato flakes
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 3/4 teaspoons regular active dry yeast

I make this in my breadmachine the same way I make My Daily Bread.
Same time and temp and everything (Warm, 25 min.;350 degrees, 23 min.).
Nobody wants me to type that all over again, do they? 


Note:  Cooking while distracted leads to happy accidents.  The other day I was making Potato Bread, happily dumping ingredients into my bread machine pan.  As I was pouring in the yeast (the final ingredient), I noticed oatmeal in the pan.  Wha...?!  How did oatmeal get into the pan?!  Well, both my potato flakes and my oatmeal are in similar cannery cans in my pantry and I just grabbed the one where potato flakes usually is found and merrily measured out the oatmeal instead of potato flakes.  Well, I just went with the flow and made the bread like I usually do--and it turned out just fine!  Not incredibly good, not incredibly bad, just fine.  So I'm just letting you know, if you ever accidentally replace the potato flakes with oatmeal, it's all good!  :P

2 comments:

  1. No way. My sister makes WHITE bread. I had no idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shhhhh! Don't tell!

    But really, even My Daily Bread is half white. I hear too many complaints with whole wheat.

    ReplyDelete