Friday, April 23, 2010

Sweet Potato Fries







Aunt LeeAnn told me how good these chips are. But if you don't have any on hand, and if its cold and rainy, like it is today, and you really don't want to leave the comfort of your snuggy house, and you have a couple of sweet potatoes on hand (yes, I actually keep sweet potatoes on hand just for this purpose), you could make Sweet Potato Fries instead, and be just as happy, happy! We enjoyed them watching October Sky the other night. Grandma Carlene tried these. She loved 'em!




Sweet Potato Fries (I will admit to have something in common with Dan Quayle here--every time I spell Potato I want to add an "e".)

2 or 3 Sweet Potatoes (this will work with carrots, parsnips, butternut squash)
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper

I'll take my cooking directions from Ina.

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.

Cut the sweet potatoes into 1 to 1 1/4 in cubes. All the vegetables will shrink while baking, so don't cut them too small.

Place all the cut vegetables in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle them with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss well. (Hands are your best tool.) Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until all the vegetables are tender, turning once with a metal spatula.

Season to taste (I usually just add more salt), and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment