Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mixed Berry Fruit Compote


16 oz bag of frozen berries (I used raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries)
1/4 cup sugar
pinch of salt (I like kosher salt)
juice of half a lemon
2 teaspoons cornstarch

Pour berries, sugar, salt and lemon juice into a medium saucepan. Over medium heat, bring to a boil. Simmer for a few minutes. This will release lots of juices. Take a few tablespoons of that juice and put it in a small bowl. Mix in the cornstarch until it is completely dissolved. Pour mixture back into the pan and cook a few more minutes, until it has thickened slightly.

Believe it or not, after googling lots of fruit compote recipes, I just made this recipe up myself. (sob) I'm so proud! :)

2 comments:

  1. I googled fruit compote recipes and found YOURS! Just what I was looking for. Thanks! We will enjoy this with waffles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it took me awhile to see your comment, but I'm glad you found my recipe, and waffles sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete